PRESENTATION: MESSAGE: PERSECUTION:
A Biblical Persepctive & The Beliver's Response
From: Rev. Merle Dye, SE USA Representative for SIM <email@example.com>, recently returned from Sudan.
Definition: "Bad" things that happen because of our faith.
A. SOME BASIC BIBLICAL TEACHINGS
1. Persecution is a normal part of Christian experience and life. 1 Pet. 2:20-21; 2 Tim. 3:12; John 15:20; 1 Thess. 3:3
2. Persecution is really directed by Satan against Christ. Mt. 5:11; Luke 21:12-13; Eph. 4:1.
3. The benefits/purpose of persecution.
a. It makes our Christian Experience richer. Mt. 5:10-12; 1 Pet. 4:12-14; Heb. 12:11
b. It allows our witness to be sharper. Lk. 21:12-13; Phil. 1:12-13; Dan. 3:25-30; 6:20-27
c. Heaven becomes clearer and dearer. Rev. 2:10; Heb. 11:13-16, 32-40
B. THE BELIEVER'S RESPONSE
1. TO PERSONAL SUFFERING:
a. Don't' be surprised: 1 Pet. 4:12; 1 Thess. 3:3
b. Realize the source, and resist Satan. 1 Pet. 5:8-10; 2 Cor. 10:4; Isa. 59:19
c. Arm/prepare ourselves with this mindset.1 Pet. 4:1; Phil. 2:5
d. Give ourselves to God for His purposes. Heb. 13:12-14; 11:25; Col. 1:24
e. Trust our lives into God's loving care.1 Pet. 2:23
f. Keep our final goal in focus: 1 Cor. 15:19,32
2. TO OTHERS BEING PERSECUTED.
a. The suffering of others should touch our hearts. 1 Cor. 12:25b-27
b. We need to be actively involved in helping them. 2 Tim. 1:8-9; Phil. 1:7; Heb. 12:12
c. God wants us to share our resources with them. Acts. 20:35, Heb. 13:3; Phil. 4:14
d. We can go personally to stand along side them. Mt. 25:3; 2 Tim. 4:11
e. Stand with them in prayer: " that they -
C. GOD IS AT WORK IN THE MIDST OF OPPOSITION
1. The marvelous growth of believers in China, Ethiopia, Russia.
2. More conversions in Sudan in 10 yrs. than any Muslim land.
3. Cuba is seeing a great increase in spiritual interest.
4. 'Mercy drops' are falling in Haiti, India, Indonesia, etc.
GOD'S CALL IS FOR US TO PRESENT OUR BODIES A LIVING SACRIFICE THAT HIS GLORY MAY BE SEEN AMONG THE NATIONS. Rom. 12:1-2
ARE WE AVAILABLE?